Remove this ad

Old Disc Bob

#161 [url]

May 8 14 8:42 PM

Coyote Hills Howler Update

Posted on behalf of Joe Harker.

Just a quick update, if you require more info please email me privately and I'll be happy to go into detail with you. I wanted to get this info out ASAP to everyone:

1. The WGE/Howler is now a ONE DAY EVENT, taking place on SATURDAY 5/10. ALL DIVISIONS can now play on Saturday.
2. A new event, which we we still call the "Howler" (or maybe Howler Revisited, or Howler II, whatever) is now scheduled for Sunday, June 15 at Coyote Hills.
3. Anyone currently registered for this Sunday will be contacted and we will make arrangements to either play on Saturday, return your registration fee to you, or roll it over into registration for the June 15 event.
4. Also, clear your calendars for July 27, which is the date of the PA State Championships, being held at Coyote Hills this year.

I take full responsibility for this mix-up and last minute change. Please direct any and all questions and wrath at me. Hope to see MANY MORE of you at the Hills this Saturday! If you can't play, please consider coming out anyway to caddy, spot, or otherwise assist our lovely ladies of disc golf as they compete in the Women's Global Event!!

Joe

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Manaty

#162 [url]

May 9 14 10:58 PM

I would like to give a huge thank you to all the sponsors for the Women's Global/PDGA Howler event on Saturday May 10, 2014
Mr. Disc Golf Mike Solt
Larry Entz
Jay Gobrecht
Od and Frieda Eberly
Chas and Laura Ford
Boulder Woods Country Club for two Holes!
Creekside Crawdads
Joe and Brook Harker
Linc Morgan
Steve McNair
Gary Scheaffer
Mike Lordan
Jason Armstrong
Roy Pitts
Donna Greist
Caryn Shearer
Keystone Disc golf
"Kloe" the dog
Tammy Manaty

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#165 [url]

Jun 15 14 9:09 PM

Happy 2014 Father's Day to all. Sorry I couldn't hang around past 0900, due to a prior commitment w/ family. Looking forward, there's lots of whacking to do before our next showcase event. See all at the next work party near you.

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#167 [url]

Jul 13 14 6:36 PM

QC holes 3-6 & conjoining trails

Depending upon the amount of debris the 10:00 tag players were able to throw into the woods during this morning's round, there may or may not be some loose strands of briars & autumn olive branches laying about the holes and trails listed above. Please remove all from the fairways and through-ways as you play.

Also, it's that time of year again when everyone is encouraged to PRUNE AS YOU PLAY !  Like a well-made bed, a sharp pair of pruning shears never goes out of style, and dresses up any DG bag just so. So whether your prefered start time is 0800, 10:00, 5:30, or sunrise to sunset, please help the club control the invasive species listed above, by packing in your favorite cutting device. Pruning participants will begin to see things more clearly, and the gains in overall grip strength will propel one's game to new heights.           

Last Edited By: mlordan Jul 13 14 6:49 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Mister Nice Guy

#168 [url]

Jul 16 14 10:41 AM

PA Senior Games

PA Senior Games 

Some of were bemused by the amused bum's lack of a post on this topic ... posted over at Creekside and Coyote

There will be day of sign up for the PA Senior Games this Sunday at Boulder Woods. 
Competitors must be 50 or older.
Cost $25
Medals will be awarded to the top competitors.
This is a qualifier for the National Senior Games

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#169 [url]

Aug 14 14 10:46 AM

Wounded Warriors Day @ Pinchot - Saturday 9/6/2014 - - 10 AM til 3:00 PM

Check this out, Pinchot is sponsoring this awesome event again, and it's better than ever. Llama volunteers are needed to "man" our booth in one-hour increments, from 10-3. I'll handle the booth set-up piece to start the day.

Improvements over 2013:

-Our disc demo area will be closer to the Conwego lakeshore this year, in the thick of the action
-The free chow this year is being provided by Mission BBQ. (I live two miles from the York location and can personally attest to the quality of their products!)
-This is year #2, and the turnout should be stronger than ever, for all exhibitors

How many of us have one hour to give to the brave soldiers who have sacrificed for us ? See ML for timeslot sign up, or post a quick reply here. Thanks.

Last Edited By: mlordan Aug 14 14 6:51 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

DSCGLFR

#170 [url]

Aug 17 14 9:11 PM

To Do list before Llamapalooza 2014

To do list before Llamapalooza by hole # #1. weed whack fairway #2. Weed whack area just before short basket around trees #3. Ready #4. Ready #5. Weed whack around tee pad and bench #6. Weed whack tall grass on right side of fairway just past pines #7. Ready #8. Ready #9. Weed whack tall grass on left side of fairway #10. Weed whack hill going down to long basket #11. Ready #12. Minor weed whacking around tee and long basket #13. Ready #14. Ready #15. Ready #16. Ready #17. Ready #18. Ready Minor pruning of trail between #11 tee and #18 tee All help with this list and work already completed is greatly appreciated. Please keep pruning and whacking within the current fairways to maintain the integrity of the course. Unless discussed with Paul W. if Paul is not available you can contact me to answer any questions you may have. If I don't answer I will get back to you ASAP Please post up as work is completed THANKS in advance, Gary Sheaffer

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#172 [url]

Sep 3 14 4:23 AM

Site Change

Attention everyone-

We are going to start moving our postings to the Facebook page for Boulder Woods, https://www.facebook.com/groups/boulderwoodscountryclub/.  This will allow greater access to the disc golf masses in this area and beyond.   This will also give the club a greater social presence. 

This will require users to create an account, just as every other site we have used.  You do not have to use your name or likeness if you choose not to.  Let us know what you think or how to improve the user experience.  

Quote    Reply   

Mister Nice Guy

#173 [url]

Sep 3 14 11:07 AM

Facebook site

Since Facebook is most likely going to be a short term remedy ... why not just create a new open group where one does not need to have a 
Facebook account to see what is going on ... or better yet just reopen the Yahoo groups page ... other clubs are working with that just fine 

Quote    Reply   

Old Disc Bob

#174 [url]

Sep 3 14 7:18 PM

We have had Boulder Woods Coutry Club on facebook close tp 2 years. A lot of people are communicating our activities and advertising other club's activities through that Facebook site. We may have been too hasty to discontinue yahoo. It's working for other clubs that stuck with it.

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#176 [url]

Sep 4 14 3:22 PM

Pinchot Park promoting Military Appreciation Day and other activities on its Facebook page...

For those who can make it out Saturday 9-6 to demo disc golf to our military heroes, check out either the park's Facebook page, or our Club's Facebook page, for all of the details, (including the minor detail about free bbq'd chow).  

As for Facebook page popularity goals for the future, we as llamas could aspire to become as popular GPSP's page, as to date the park has recived 5,347 likes, 17,064 visits, and has a Facebook rating of 4.4 on a scale of 5 stars.

Quote    Reply   

Mister Nice Guy

#177 [url]

Sep 4 14 8:30 PM

The park page is nice, especially since it is open to viewing without having to be a member of Facebook

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help