Jaysus145 wrote:
I am subscribed to this forum, and never got a notification of this post

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CraigBeam

#24 [url]

Dec 11 13 9:54 AM

Re: the most fun ever

So true JR! It just doesnt get any FUNNER than a WFL Safari round during the first significant snowfall of the year! Unfortunately, the 4" of snow made finding discs difficult and completing the round impossible. Because of this, all 10 WFLers who came out yesterday will receive an extra fun point for playing. Big thanks to Gary for bringing his basket and to BillC for pre-round tee shoveling!

OD - 2
Frieda - 2
JohnW - 2
JR - 2
MikeL - 2
Craig - 2
Brandon - 2
BillC - 2
MikeB - 2
Gary - 2

Next week we will be playing 1-Disc if we have odd numbers and Worst Drive Doubles if we have even numbers. See you there! Gobble-Gobble!

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#26 [url]

Dec 12 13 9:04 PM

Re: the most fun ever

Beam,

Did you receive the WFL results from Sunday? The format was doubles. I'll try to remember the participants and points:

Owen (went Cali) - 1 point

6 others with one point - Paul W, Billy C, JR, Gary S, Clay, Justin Weaver

2 Points - Brandon L & Mike L (scored 61 w/ long 12 in play)

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#27 [url]

Dec 15 13 10:19 AM

One Llama 19 tee pads

WFL
One Llama 19 tee pads guess I get the 2 pts. 8 AM crew is getting kind of lonely. 
PS do I get 2 more points if I go to Boulder and clear 18 more ???

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#29 [url]

Dec 15 13 10:33 AM

Vibram Birdie Bash

I would like to run a Vibram Birdie Bash this spring at Boulder Woods does anyone have any suggestions of when to have it, or any other suggestions in general.
Let me know, 
                     Gary

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#30 [url]

Dec 15 13 11:40 AM

Re: Vibram Birdie Bash

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CraigBeam

#31 [url]

Dec 15 13 11:48 AM

Re: New bulletin board questions

1. I would recommend using the direct link http://bwcc.yuku.com/ rather than going to your Yuku login first. If you are at the Yuku login though, I think you can click on the "Home" icon at the top and then you should see a link for BWCC under "My Communities"

2. I believe that is correct. Mike checked into it, maybe he can verify.

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#32 [url]

Dec 15 13 11:54 AM

Re: One Llama 19 tee pads

Make that 37 Boulder is now all clear. Also would like to Thank Billy for clearing Tees on Tuesday before WFL.

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#34 [url]

Dec 16 13 4:17 PM

"Reply" Function, etc.

Approx 3 weeks ago I sent a help desk support question asking how/if group members could post or reply from email without fully going thru the process of logging into the site. I never received a response, which may indicate neither is possible. Maybe someone else can send a similar request to the help desk to insure I didn't mis-enter my question. I used the "Forum Help" button at the bottom of many of the pages, like this page.       

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#35 [url]

Dec 17 13 11:49 AM

Forum Help

I think they changed their support around. They now have a support forum where you get pretty quick answers. At the bottom of any page, there is a link for "Forum Help". I went ahead and posted the question there. http://yukusupport.yuku.com/topic/1668/possible-post-reply-group-message-board-email#.UrB_2PRDtAo

The response: No, sorry, you can't do that here. You have to go to the board (group) to post or reply.

Quote    Reply   

BillCharron

#36 [url]

Dec 17 13 12:16 PM

I have never heard of a bulletin board where you couldn't post from email - No one will be able to quickly respond now for things like "who is playing today in the pretty new snow"

btw - I'm still not getting forwards to my email. 

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#39 [url]

Dec 18 13 10:00 AM

I understand the desire to communicate quickly, but you are wrong in your assumption that this is a common feature on today's message boards. For one thing, allowing people to post/reply via email leaves the door wide open to spammers who spoof email addresses. This continues to be a big problem at Yahoo. Another reason most dont include this feature is because they (the people that create/host message boards) make their money by driving traffic to their website. The last thing they want is to have members communicating via email and bypassing the website.

The decision was made to dump Yahoo because their message board became a jumbled cluster#### and they took away the ability for us to promote and facilitate registration to our tournaments (the main purposes of the message board). So what to do? There are lots of other options for quick communication if you are unable to access the website. Email? Text? IM? Twitter? Facebook? Phone call? I dont know what the answer is, but this is a great place to discuss it, so if you have any suggestions, lets hear 'em.

PS - I understand that NO ONE LIKES CHANGE, but for now, this is where we're at. If you dont like something, let us know (or even better, propose a solution) and we'll try to work through the issues together.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#40 [url]

Dec 18 13 10:09 AM

Re: Topic Frenzy

We can organize things however we want. Yuku is very customizable and allows us to do all kinds of stuff we couldn't do before. We can have one thread for all WFL/TAG results, we can create a whole separate forum just for WFL/TAG results, or we can post a new thread for each WFL/TAG match.

Keep in mind that people/groups use message boards differently and we're not limited to how many threads we can have. What you may see as "out of control", others may see as "easier to navigate".

Again, no one likes change. We can continue bashing ourselves over the head trying to make this exactly like Yahoo was, or we can move forward and take advantage of what we've got.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help