Remove this ad

BillCharron

#41 [url]

Dec 18 13 10:26 AM

Re: New bulletin board questions

Craig, yesterday Mike and I were discussing the possibility of using Yuku for the club site but using yahoo for the message board. I am not opposed to change per se, it's just that Yuku's bulletin board features are much less convenient. No one seems to be able to make the email notification features work and being able to post from email is a huge convenience. As for the spam problem, that only happened once or twice over the past couple of years (always because someone's email had been hacked) and was dealt with quicky. So that is my proposal for addressing the club's desire for a better home page combined with the essential element of maintaining communication.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CraigBeam

#42 [url]

Dec 18 13 11:28 AM

Re: New bulletin board questions

I dont think maintaining 2 websites is the answer. Its counter-productive to have people going to Yahoo for message board and then expecting them to come here for tournament/club info. Besides, one of the main reasons people wanted to leave Yahoo was because of the crappy new message board. People basically stopped posting once they changed the format.

I agree that the email notification thing isnt working as advertised. Im asking about this in the Help Forum. Hoepfully they can help us out, but who knows?

Seems to me like we have 3 options at this point...
1. Go back to Yahoo where we have no ability to promote/facilitate tournaments.
2. Work through the issues with Yuku and/or find another avenue for "quick communications".
3. Find a free (or very low cost) website that does EVERYTHING we want (again, open to suggestions here if anyone has something!)

To be honest, I really dont care which we do, but after all the discussions we've had, Im assuming option #1 is out and option #3 is impossible, which means we're left with option #2. Maybe we could just use the Yahoo board for those rare quick communication needs if we have to? 

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#43 [url]

Dec 20 13 9:57 AM

Email Notification Test

If you receive this notification via email, please reply to this thread and let me know what time it hits your inbox. Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

ChrisW

#45 [url]

Dec 20 13 11:43 AM

Re: Email Notification Test

received at 11:15 am EST

"One can see clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"
~~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry~~

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#46 [url]

Dec 20 13 12:45 PM

Also, if you are reading this thread and...
  1. Have verified that you are Subscribed To the General DISCussion Forum
  2. Have NOT received any email notifications about this topic, AND...
  3. Have checked to make sure it is not in your Spam Folder
... please post and let us know.

PS - it is recommended that you add [email protected] to your contacts (or whitelist) so that emails dont go to Spam.

Quote    Reply   

biggthree

#50 [url]

Dec 25 13 8:38 PM

Test

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CraigBeam

#52 [url]

Dec 30 13 9:16 AM

Are you guys sure you're subscribed to the "General DISCussion" forum? (Click the General DISCussion, then click subscribe at the top). Subscribing to the "General DISCussion" forum will send you an email whenever someone posts a NEW TOPIC (not every single post). Once a new topic is posted, you can then subscribe to that topic if you want to see every post.

The notifications are working fine for me and they're working fine for the support person who looked into it so I dont believe there is a problem with the board. If you subscribed correctly and are 100% certain that its not going to a spam folder, then you need to post in the Help Forum so that someone can look into your account to find out what's wrong with your personal account.

Here is a link to the Help Forum http://yukusupport.yuku.com/forums/68/General-Support#.UsF-nPRDs1I ... they are very good about answering questions, so if you're not getting notifications, please post there and let me know by posting here so I can follow the thread and find out what the issue is. Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#55 [url]

Dec 31 13 11:14 AM

Old Disc Bob wrote:
How can so many be doing it so wrong?
I suspect most are having the same problem, but we won't know what that is until someone reports it. It does no good for them to check my account because its working fine.

Do this... 
1. Double-check that you are subscribed to the General DISCussion forum. 
2. Double-check that the emails are not in spam folder. 
3. Add [email protected] to your contacts. 

If you've already done all this, click on the "Forum Help" link at the bottom of the page. Click on "Support Forum" and click on the red tab at the top to "Open a Help Ticket". Tell them you arent receiving email notifications and that you've already done the 3 things above. 

Jay's problem is that his forum subscription keeps disappearing. He is working with support on this. If anyone is having the same problem, you dont need to open a ticket. We'll keep you posted. If anyone is not receiving email notifications and this is not the problem. You need to open a ticket with support. Its the only way we're ever going to find out what the problem is.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#57 [url]

Dec 31 13 2:07 PM

Wolf Rules

Wolf Rules:

• An order of (1) through (4) is established on the first tee and continues to roll over through the entire round. The first person teeing off is the Wolf.
  • After teeing off the wolf can watch each player tee and decide if wolf wants to choose them as a partner. If wolf wishes to choose a partner, wolf must announce thier intentions immediately after that player drives. Once the next person tees off the previous player is no longer eligible. 
  • If the wolf decides none of the shots are to their liking wolf may go the hole alone and play against the other three.
  • It is not doubles. Everyone plays the hole as a single regardless of whether the wolf has chosen a partner or not. 
  • To win a hole the wolf or his partner must record a score lower than all members of the opposing team. 
  • A tie is a wash.
Wolf or partner win = 1pt each
Either opponent wins = 1pt each
Tie = 0
Wolf wins solo = 2pts for wolf
Wolf loses solo = 2pts for each opponent

Last Edited By: CraigBeam Dec 31 13 2:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#58 [url]

Jan 7 14 5:30 AM

Boulder Woods Tee pads

Tee pads 4 through 17 are cleared, I ran out of daylight so 18, 1, 2 and 3 could be shoveled. I won't have time before tonights WFL round. 

Quote    Reply   

Jaysus

#60 [url]

Jan 8 14 11:44 AM

Per a support suggestion (kinda) I have created a test account. So, uhh.... "testing, 1...2..3... testing."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help