Remove this ad

BillCharron

#61 [url]

Jan 8 14 12:57 PM

Re: Email Notification Test

I still have never received an email notification from this site. I have done all the suggested trouble shooting at least twice. I have also spent at least 20 times more time trying to use this bulletin board than all of my time on yahoo's site over 4 years. I will just keep using the BW yahoo site unless and until this site becomes at least as user friendly as yahoo. The purpose of a bulletin board is to facilitate communication with club members. This does not do that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CraigBeam

#63 [url]

Jan 8 14 1:47 PM

BillCharron wrote:
I have done all the suggested trouble shooting at least twice.
Cool. Please let us know the results of the support ticket you opened!

Also, please post a link to the support thread you posted so we can all follow along.

Last Edited By: CraigBeam Jan 8 14 3:08 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

roz

#64 [url]

Jan 8 14 2:27 PM

Testing again. No emailed notification from a post from 4 hours prior.
I thought I'd try to unsubscribe & then resubscribe to see if it would trigger something only to discover I had been unwillingly unsubscribed already. ?

RE: a question Billy had asked about getting back to the BWCC site from the profile page a while back. I was able to get back to the group page from my subscription page (so long as the subscription doesn't magically disappear). How to get there: Profile->Settings(wrench icon) ->Forum->Subscriptions (the link for me is: http://roz.bwcc.yuku.com/settings/subscriptions)

I was also able to get to the BWCC site from my profile page by clicking the link from my post under 'What I've Been Up To'.

Last Edited By: roz Jan 8 14 2:36 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

roz

#65 [url]

Jan 8 14 2:44 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts, I realized I had not subscribed to this 'topic' therefore would not be getting emailed notifications regardless of being subscribed to the general forum.
I've subscribed to the topic and am posting again to test the notification.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#66 [url]

Jan 8 14 3:07 PM

Thanks Roz. Please let us know if it works. Generally takes 30-90 minutes to get the email. If you (or anyone else) finds that your subscriptions are disappearing, please go to the Support Thread that Jaysus already started and let them know that you are also having the same problem. Here's a link to the thread... http://yukusupport.yuku.com/topic/1653/My-Forum-Subscriptions-Keep-Disappearing#.Us2nqfRDs1I

Keep in mind that there is no way to automatically get an email every single time there is a post on the forum. You have 2 options for subscriptions...
1. Subscribe to the "General DISCussion Forum" which will send you an email every time there is a NEW TOPIC created (seems like everyone who wants email notifications should do this).
2. Subscribe to each "Topic" after they are created which will send you a notification each time there is a NEW POST IN THAT TOPIC ONLY (seems like a waste of time/energy to me).

If you (or anyone else) finds that email alerts are still not working. Please create a new thread on the support forum (they are very fast about responding) or else open a support ticket and post the link here so we can all follow along.

Quote    Reply   

Jaysus

#67 [url]

Jan 8 14 4:00 PM

My subscriptions disappeared for this test account too... so I re-added them. This is another test post. Yay.

I'm grabbing screen shots this time to prove I am not crazy ;)

Quote    Reply   

roz

#68 [url]

Jan 9 14 11:12 AM

I have not gotten any emails & my subscriptions are also disappearing. I've posted to the help thread.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#69 [url]

Jan 9 14 11:33 AM

roz wrote:
I have not gotten any emails & my subscriptions are also disappearing. I've posted to the help thread.

Perfect, thanks!

Anyone else that is not receiving emails, please check to see if your subscriptions are disappearing. If they are, go to this thread and post exactly what Roz did. http://yukusupport.yuku.com/topic/1653#.Us7PDPRDsuc

The more people that report it, the easier it "should" be for them to identify the problem.

Quote    Reply   

roz

#70 [url]

Jan 9 14 1:50 PM

Testing email subscription to General DISCussion - New Topic

Also testing images.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

roz

#75 [url]

Jan 10 14 2:45 PM

I got emails about Jay's post within  10 minutes but never got an email about my own. Checked my subscriptions & they're gone again.

Quote    Reply   

roz

#80 [url]

Jan 14 14 1:53 PM

Still losing my subscriptions, usually within a matter of hours. I also tried (multiple times) to set up a new account today but was unable to, reasons unknown as no errors were given or any indication that an account was or was not set up. I'm continuing to post to the help forum but I'm not holding my breath.
http://yukusupport.yuku.com/reply/15131/My-Forum-Subscriptions-Keep-Disappearing

I've also opened a help ticket, I suggest others do the same.
http://help.yuku.com/support/tickets/new

Last Edited By: roz Jan 14 14 2:00 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help