Remove this ad

BillCharron

#81 [url]

Jan 14 14 2:18 PM

Please unblock posting to the yahoo BW board

Until all the kinks are worked out here - please please remove the admin block on posts to the yahoo BW board. This way we can communicate in a timely manner. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

roz

#84 [url]

Jan 15 14 10:49 AM

Re: Email Notification Test

I also received an email from my post this morning, however I have yet to receive an email for Jay's response from over 2 hours ago. My subscriptions are still present, so it must just take a while.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#85 [url]

Jan 15 14 11:07 AM

roz wrote:
I also received an email from my post this morning, however I have yet to receive an email for Jay's response from over 2 hours ago. My subscriptions are still present, so it must just take a while.
I made some additional tweaks to the settings (as suggested by Yuku support) this morning after Jay posted, so that "may" be the reason. Please keep us posted on your results. Still not sure this Yuku site is going to work as hoped, but at least we're getting closer to finding out. Thanks to both of you for being part of the solution rather than part of the problem. All we needed was a few people to post in that thread rather than bitching, whining and stomping their feet here on the board.

Quote    Reply   

roz

#86 [url]

Jan 15 14 11:53 AM

I did get 3 emails about the last 3 messages all at the same time & my subscriptions are still there, so, so far so good. The timing is just weird, almost like it sends out batches of emails periodically.

I also noticed that I can see the entire board now without being logged in, so that's good for visitors who don't need to be part of our board.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#87 [url]

Jan 15 14 12:16 PM

roz wrote:
I did get 3 emails about the last 3 messages all at the same time & my subscriptions are still there, so, so far so good. The timing is just weird, almost like it sends out batches of emails periodically.

I also noticed that I can see the entire board now without being logged in, so that's good for visitors who don't need to be part of our board.
Awesome, sounds like we're making progress. You're exactly right. The email notifications are sent out in large batches once every hour. Sometimes you get them 5 minutes from when something is posted, other times it takes longer. This isnt something that can be changed. We'll either have to learn to live with it, or we'll have to find something else. 

Quote    Reply   

roz

#88 [url]

Jan 15 14 4:20 PM

Re: Please unblock posting to the yahoo BW board

:) It has to be frustrating to have to log onto the webpage instead of just being able to send an email. Plus side is that the subscriptions seem to be working now, you'll just need to resubscribe to the General Discussion forum.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#90 [url]

Jan 17 14 8:02 AM

Testing1

In an ongoing effort to make the board more user-firendly, we're going to be doing some testing/tweaking over the next day or so. Topics/forums/replies may be moved around and things may occasionally look different. We'll let you know when we're done. Thanks for your patience. smiley: happy

Last Edited By: CraigBeam Jan 17 14 8:57 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CraigBeam

#92 [url]

Jan 17 14 11:57 AM

New Format

We've re-arranged the the board a bit to (hopefully) make it easier to navigate and to eliminate the need to subscribe to every topic. You will now see (4) Featured Topics on the homepage. These are where you should now be posting.

Featured Topics...
BWCC Tournament Information / Registration - 1st post will contain up-to-date schedule, information, and registration to the next tournament (as soon as available).
General DISCussion - Open topic for any discussion.
2014 BWCC Tag League - For weekly tag results and discussion.
Winter Fun League - For weekly WFL results and discussion.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE ALL EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS, YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING!!!
  1. Click on Topic Archive Forum. Click on the Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
  2. Click on BWCC Tournament Information / Registration Topic. Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
  3. Click on General DISCussion Topic. Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
  4. Click on 2014 BWCC Tag League Topic, Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
  5. Click on Winter Fun League Topic. Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
Please use/test these 4 new featured topics and let us know if you're having any issues or have any recommendations. We are working on getting the older topics merged into the appropriate places. Please dont use these any longer.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#93 [url]

Jan 17 14 4:03 PM

To receive all email notifications you need to subscribe to each topic:
  1. Click on the BWCC Tournament Information / Registration Topic. Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
  2. Click on the General DISCussion Topic. Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
  3. Click on the 2014 BWCC Tag League Topic, Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.
  4. Click on Winter Fun League Topic. Click on Subscribe (upper left). Click OK to confirm.

Quote    Reply   

Manaty

#94 [url]

Jan 20 14 7:36 AM

Thank you Chris,Billy and Chas. Come on Crawdads and Llamas, we only need 11 more registered to get his basket for the ice Bowl. Let us show our support.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 18, 2014, at 8:11 AM, Tammy Manaty wrote:

Oops winners may want to celebrate. Come on register, and S.H.A.R.E. the love this Valentines day❤weekend.
!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 18, 2014, at 8:04 AM, Tammy Manaty wrote:

Come on Coyotes,Llamas and Crawdads! We need 13 more registered for the Coyote Ice Bowl in order to help Joe get his basket for the raffle. What is more romantic ❤💜💚than getting your significant other an online registration to play disc golf the the day after Valentine's Day and raise money for those less fortunate with S.H.A.R.E.! (Not to mention the winners of each division may The fee is a nominal $2.10.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2014, at 12:01 PM, "Harker, Joe" wrote:

Calling ALL Coyotes (and hopefully some Crawdads and Llamas too!):

Here is the link to pre-register online for the 2014 Coyote Hills Ice Bowl:

http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/1143

For those who don't know the back story, the Ice Bowl is a world-wide annual event, and is primarily a fundraiser for local charities to fight against hunger. Any club that hosts an Ice Bowl names their charity, and all proceeds from the event then go directly to that charity. The Coyotes have once again chosen to work with Project S.H.A.R.E.

The discgolfunited.com site is offering us an incentive of a FREE Innova DISCatcher portable practice basket ($120 value) if we get a minimum of 20 people to register online. Assuming we meet that goal, we will be raffling off the basket to benefit Project S.H.A.R.E. (If we get enough interest in this, we may be raffling off a second basket as well!)

When you register online, there is a flat $15 pre-registration fee (day-of registration will be $20), plus you pay a small fee to the site for processing (sorry!). In an attempt to keep it simple on the day of, when you register you will also need to:

1. Choose your division.

2. Select the number of 2014 Ice Bowl discs you would like to add to your registration fee. Your cost is $5 per disc. IF YOU DO NOT WANT A DISC, PLEASE SELECT "0" from the dropdown menu.

3. Decide to sponsor a hole. $20 per hole, same as above if you do not want to sponsor a hole. Folks, this is for charity. Buck up if you can!

4. Decide if you wish to purchase a 2014 Coyote TAG at this time. Select Yes or No. Cost of a tag is $20 as always. The second round of the Ice Bowl will be used to determine starting TAG ranks for 2014!

5. Select the number of mulligans you'd like to purchase (for use during the 1st round only). While setting up the site I forgot that we are only going to be using mulligans in the first round so, for rate-of-play considerations, we are going to limit the number of mulligans available to 7 per player, even though the registration page offers more options than that. We will refund any money to you on the day of if you purchase more than 7 by accident.

6. Select the number of basket raffle tickets you'd like to purchase.

If you do not wish to pay for all those extra options when you pre-reg, you will still have the opportunity to do so the day of the Ice Bowl. Obviously things will go far more smoothly for the TDs if most people do their spending all at once while registering.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation!

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#95 [url]

Jan 22 14 9:43 AM

Crawdad Chiller Reminder

From OD...

The Crawdad Chiller VIII - Ice Bowl 2014 fun is in less than 2 weeks away, Saturday, Feb 1st. I'm still accepting hole sponsorships at $20 each, benefiting the Central PA Food Bank. Please be generous! Call me or email to me the information you want on your sponsor sign(s). If you can't play that day, and want to sponsor, you can send the $$ to me or meet me somewhere. Otherwise, if your playing the Ice Bowl, pay me that day when you register. There will be crockpots of food cooking for lunch. You're welcome to bring your favorite dish to share with your fellow golfers. There will be some "Ring of Ice" prizes, like the one attached, and others, given away by the end of the day. If anyone has any additional CTP prizes to donate, bring them along. Three divisions will be offered: Open, Advanced, and Women. All receive a player's pack. See you soon, Bob Eberly 717-554-4558 [email protected]

Quote    Reply   

Manaty

#96 [url]

Jan 28 14 9:25 PM

Thank you  Mr. Beam , for working out the kinks and making posts feasible. I realize at times,that I was a frustrated irritant  in your ears.

Quote    Reply   

Manaty

#97 [url]

Feb 5 14 2:11 PM

Come on llamas, let's show our support to  Coyote hills. Mr. Joe only needs four more on line registrations to receive a basket for the February 15th Ice bowl. 
Thank you 

Quote    Reply   

jw

#98 [url]

Feb 5 14 3:58 PM

Can Posts be sorted / presented from newest to oldest?

Posts are displayed oldest to newest. I'm tired of seeing the dancing clowns and having to scroll to the bottom of the last page to see the latest post(s). Can posts be sorted / presented from newest to oldest? 

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#99 [url]

Feb 6 14 9:27 AM

jw wrote:
Posts are displayed oldest to newest. I'm tired of seeing the dancing clowns and having to scroll to the bottom of the last page to see the latest post(s). Can posts be sorted / presented from newest to oldest? 

Click on the last number. It will take you directly to the last page.

Quote    Reply   

roz

#100 [url]

Feb 6 14 12:42 PM

jw wrote:

I agree & was wondering this myself. In the emailed notifications, clicking on the link always takes you to the 1st post, not the post the message is referring to. It would be more convenient to be able to just open directly to the latest message.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help