Remove this ad

Old Disc Bob

#61 [url]

Jan 29 14 6:43 PM

Lost & Found Discs

The lost & found at BW had several discs turned inside.
Among them are: Beam's Ch Valk, JR's orange GPC disc, one for Bill C, and one with an email that I will contact.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

CraigBeam

#62 [url]

Jan 30 14 7:27 AM

Old Disc Bob wrote:
The lost & found at BW had several discs turned inside.
Among them are: Beam's Ch Valk, JR's orange GPC disc, one for Bill C, and one with an email that I will contact.

Yes!!!! smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#63 [url]

Jan 31 14 8:05 PM

If by chance MMM comes into play Tuesday, I'd like to suggest we play #10 as a double mando, ala #13, which of course, all must "miss" in order to score. 

Quote    Reply   

mlordan

#64 [url]

Feb 2 14 5:32 PM

Sunday 2/2 welcomed 9 players to QC. Everyone's least favorite format, "doubles with a twist," was selected. 6 holes of straight up doubles, 6 of alternate shot, 6 of combined score for the twosome...ex 4 + 5 = 9 team score on the card. Owen went cali, and won 2 points. Everyone had fun. This group receives one point each for their efforts:
Chas
Paul
Gary
Ken P
Billy C
Jaysus
Jason A
Mike L

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#65 [url]

Feb 3 14 9:33 PM

Under cloak of darkness

Under cloak of darkness (7:30 - 8:45 PM) the following tee pads ;1,2,3,4,5,6,7,12,13,14,15,16,17 are shoveled.  8,9,10,11,18 still need shoveled. The ones already shoveled may need double checked because it gets pretty dark in them thar woods at night. Mike L. is going to try to get out to finish up tomorrow, it's always nice to have company.  See ya Tues. for WFL. 

Quote    Reply   

Manaty

#66 [url]

Feb 3 14 11:14 PM

Thank you Mr. Paul. Mr. Lordan,what time are you planning on arriving to shovel? If I get off work early I will bring my shovel to assisst.

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#70 [url]

Feb 6 14 9:54 AM

WFL Results - 2/4

The parking lot was snowed shut and there was nary a soul in the park, but that wasn't going to stop us. MMM was the format. The park was eerie and quiet. Something creepy was in the air.

Paul - 1
Beam - 1
MrBill - 1
Gary - 1
Chas - 1
OD - 1
BillC - 2
Tammy - 1
MikeL - 1

photo1.jpg

During the round I was snapping this picture of MrBill when the fabled, and never before photographed, Boulder Woods Squatch suddenly entered my frame. I fired off a shot as quickly as possible and thought for sure I finally had the proof that so many had been seeking. Not sure if it was the cold weather, my nervous excitement from this rare opportunity, or just the curse of the Boulder Squatch, but when I got home and developed the film, this was all I had. smiley: mad

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

DSCGLFR

#71 [url]

Feb 9 14 4:17 PM

WFL 2/9/14

Doubles would be the format, six golfers put there dollar in for there WFL point,one wouldn't throw a disc feeling the effects from 2 solid hours of clearing debris from the coarse that has been devastated by ice and snow downing many trees. We welcome two Lancaster regulars to the Quake for WFL Bob Hoffman and Linc Morgan. Points were as follows.
Bob H.         2 pts.
Chas F.        2 pts.
Mike L.        1 pt.      DNS    
Linc M.        1 pt.      Played Cali
Ken P.          1 pt.
Gary S.        1 pt

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#73 [url]

Feb 12 14 10:45 AM

WFL Results - 2/11

On the eve of the eve of Snowpocalypse 2014, 8 golfers braved the sub-arctic conditions for some winter fun. 5-Disc Battle Golf was the format.

Brandon - 2
BillC - 1
MikeL - 2
Gary - 2
Chas - 2
Beam - 1
JR - 2
Tammy - 1

Next Tuesday (2/18) is the final installment of the Winter Fun League. The format will be Sarari, the layout is yet to be determined. Anyone feeling adventurous?

The 2nd half WFL drawing will be held the following Tuesday (2/25) immediately following the first Tuesday Night Tags of the season. smiley: pimp

Quote    Reply   

Manaty

#74 [url]

Feb 12 14 12:28 PM

Absolutely always feeling adventurous. Not senseless! If the format includes tossing across the frozen lake,I will  comply without complaint.I just pray for a heat wave or a ranger near by. The only lake I would prefer to visit, is the Sliver lake after round.😀❄

Quote    Reply   

jw

#75 [url]

Feb 12 14 5:56 PM

Lake Safari

A cross-the-lake safari round is not a good idea. It could jeopardize the good standing of our club at Pinchot. Going out on the lake would be a violation of park rules and would risk a possible tragedy. Please don't entertain a cross-the-lake safari round. 

Quote    Reply   

CraigBeam

#76 [url]

Feb 14 14 1:12 PM

jw wrote:
A cross-the-lake safari round is not a good idea. It could jeopardize the good standing of our club at Pinchot. Going out on the lake would be a violation of park rules and would risk a possible tragedy. Please don't entertain a cross-the-lake safari round. 

Im pretty much in agreement on the risk part, John. Fun to talk about, but not sure Id have the balls to actually do it. smiley: wink

Not sure why it would be any violation of the park rules, though. There have been plenty of ice-fishermen out on the lake the last several weeks and the DCNR website lists ice fishing, ice skating, and ice boating as winter activities. According to their website the ice is currently at 7"and this is their disclaimer... "Ice conditions are not monitored, with the exception of the skating area. Listed ice depth is an average taken from test holes in a couple of locations. For your safety you are urged to constantly monitor ice depths while you engage in ice activities. Ice will be thinner at the dam, stream channel and at stream inlets. The PA Fish and Boat Commission recommends 4` of good ice to support one person." http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/winter-report/index.htm?park=6306

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#78 [url]

Feb 16 14 1:28 PM

WFL 02/16/14

With Paul and I the only one to show up at Quake this morning, Paul opted to go home after we cut up more trees. So I took a vote with all golfers present and decided that the format for the day would be play as many holes of disc golf at Boulder till you can hardly walk anymore then go home to get your shovels and head back to shovel tee pads for the Ice bowl on Saturday. Results and points as follows.

Gary S.    2pts.
Paul W.    1 pt.  DNS ( I put a dollar in for ya )

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#79 [url]

Feb 17 14 9:15 PM

Walking is tough enough

Just plane old walking is tough enough in this stuff maybe we should just play Disc Golf for the last format of WFL ;-}

Quote    Reply   

DSCGLFR

#80 [url]

Feb 19 14 5:31 PM

Final round of WFL

Disc Golf would be the final format for WFL 2013-2014 season Billy C. takes the extra point

Billy C.         2 pts.
Frieda E.      1 pt.
Tammy M.    1 pt.
Jeff R.          1 pt.
Chas F.         1 pt.
Brandon L.   1 pt.
Gary S.         1 pt.

First Tag round for 2014 will be at Boulder Woods this Saturday during the Ice Bowl see you there.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help